Young Performers was founded in 2012, with the fundimental aim of providing local and affordable dance and performing art classes to children in and the surrounding areas of South Cerney. Young Performers provides quality dance education to children from the age of 2, offering classes and examinations in Ballet, Tap, Modern, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Gymnastic Dance and Performance classes.
Dance examinations are affilatied by the National Association of Teachers of Dancing (NATD). All students will have the opportunity to enter into examinations in any of their choosen dance forms, students as young as 3 can take their first exam. Exams will be available annually allowing the children to progress and achieve within their dance education. Students at Young Performers have the chance to enter in graded syllabus examination as well as performance awards; Medal Tests and Rainbow Awards, rewarding the children on thier overall dance performance in full costume. They are great for boosting confidence and experiencing a dance exam for the first time.
Young Performer students also have the opportunity to perform in two showcases a year as well as local events and festivals.
- To inspire children to dance and perform.
- To provide a fun and enjoyable dance education within a structured and disciplined environment.
- To build & encourage confidence.
- To help each student reach their full potential.
- To develop a well rounded dancer.
- To provide the opportunity to achieve examination.
- To provide a range of dance forms to all abilities and ages.
- To provide the opportunity to perform.
- To teach discipline within the performing arts.